Saturday, April 18, 2020

Buck Up Baby!: Covid-19 Experiences

When I first started this blog, I NEEDED a place to unload all of the thoughts, ideas, and excitement I was experiencing when I decided to continue to pursue my auction career. Nine years later, I find myself in a similar situation, with a total different cause.

Ever since President Trump & Governor Abbott, started the social distancing recommendations & COVID-19 has ultimately changed all of our lives....I've been doing my best to roll with the flow. Serve where I can, tighten up on our policies and procedures, become a teacher to a 5th grader and 1st grader, navigate childcare & work, be a source of support for my family, employees & clients, figure out if SBA has a product I need to pursue, get taxes filed, checking the updates and information on the CDC website & Facebook, listening to the updates from our governmental leaders, navigating "essential" work, tracking buying and selling trends....doing what I can to keep everything going.... & well....it's time. It's time to use this space to share my experiences, thoughts, ideas, excitement.....and confusion, doubt, faith.... whatever comes.

Tonight, I want to share my appreciation for my family unit. I appreciate how, the way we care and observe one another is changing because, we have been spending more time together. I appreciate how my husband was interested in silly little details about our evening, that he normally didn't ask about when at work. I appreciate how my son was ADAMANT about all of us getting dressed up for supper at home. We weren't eating unless I put a dress on, Kylee did her make up, & Hunter put shoes on. Heath had on a button-down, nice jeans, boots, & hair gel :). I appreciate how much Hunter LOVES to dance and how he literally watches everything Kylee & Hunter to AND they are noticing it.....& changing their behavior (in a good way) because of this. I appreciate Kylee's ideas. They are really great & unique & EFFECTIVE.

The wrestle for the day was homework. I wrestled a few different ways. I think the first wrestle was how to work in the homework with the other things I needed to do & planned to do. Then the wrestle was the "plan" for homework took way longer than expected, because the kids' attitude towards it was different than it has been. Next thing you know...the two year old pulled out a large pack of solo cups. It MIGHT have taken 5 minutes until all 3 of them were making their own solo cup castles/towers. With the solo cup architecture alone I watched as my 3 kids experienced: teamwork, frustration, perseverance, measuring, strategy, tenacity, speed, distraction, communication, and accomplishment.




While things aren't how we thought they would be....I'm lovin' life. I'm also wrestling with adjustments, BUT I feel extremely blessed to have the ability to adjust & feel an unusual peace, knowing that we are ALL adusting & adapting together.

I ENCOURAGE everyone to Buck Up Baby & be KIND to one another. One thing I've noticed is, in uncertain times, REACTION to the changes screams out...making things more uncertain. TRY to relax into the change & look for the door, the window, the way to go. Some days will be better than others. We are ALL trying to do our best.


No comments:

Post a Comment