Thursday, April 23, 2020

Today was One of THOSE Days

Something I have been noticing about myself lately is that, for the past several weeks, I have had one day a week that just WEARS. ME. OUT. I don't think it has anything to do with the day. I think it has ALL to do, with my "tank" approaching empty and I need to fuel up.

Since the kids have been out of school, I have found myself spending more time with the kids on their work & finding fun things to do as a family, because we ALL need it----but, in turn, also staying up MUCH later. The best way for me to describe it is: I find it necessary to get the same amount of work done in a day & I find it necessary to do the things I'm doing with my family. I am quite satisfied with the progress & the FuN things we've been doing, BUT I'm not real satisfied with...the adjustment. I'm a night owl. I have always been. Now, I can get it together & do the early morning thing BUT, given the choice....this girl will stay up late over getting up early every. single. time.

Also....I need my sleep. Sooooooooo I've found myself the last several days working until 3 A.M. Then, I'm usually UP by 8:30, but it takes me a little longer to REALLY get moving. Losing the 2+ hours I normally have in the A.M. is....annoying me a little. I'm still getting it all done....& really, then some, but it's thrown my routine & others' off a little. At least, that is what it feels like.

I've said it before though....we are ALL trying to figure out how to adjust and NAVIGATE this change. I post this here, because....it's a real wrestle. I'm not so sure it is a bad one, but one I am experiencing nonetheless. Maybe....this is an opportunity for me to trust more. Maybe, this will re-direct me to going in God's direction & not my own or anyone else's.

To finish up my initial thought....when I say the "tank" is approaching empty...I mean it. One thing life has taught me is....I WILL crash, if I don't refill & let the engine rest. I. ATE. IT....walking out of the house this morning. It was one of those falls that not only hurt, but SHOCKED you into AWARENESS. I thought I was walking just fine, until REALITY...literally, knocked me on my butt. I became immediately aware that....it was time to put it in neutral and coast a little while.

One of my biggest blessings is this crew of people right here. This is my Buck Up! Family. I am grateful to have them & grateful that they have plenty to keep themselves busy, even if it takes me a little longer to get it together. Even when I slow down for a moment, THIS crew keeps EVERYTHING going! Buck Up Baby! LEAN ON your people & BE THERE when someone needs to lean on you. God Bless!

We are missing a few in this picture, but I APPRECIATE them all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment